Provides remote or onsite diagnosis or guidance to internal or external clients with technical issues and IMAC service on large user groups
Provides user support and troubleshoots ICT problems and issues. The primary objective is to enable users to maximize their productivity through efficient and secure use of ICT equipment or software applications
This role is for a fixed time period with the potential for permanency after a year.
- Advises and assists users in solving problems related to hardware, software, networks and peripherals using available technology
- IMAC service on large user groups
- User Management, new hire system setups, end user training when necessary
- Analyzes basic business needs and recommends ways to optimize PC hardware resources in achieving business objectives
- Provide essential online security advice and support
- Client Operating system management
- Patch Distribution, Software and OS Updates on client laptops
- Progression of larger scope EUC initiatives / programmes (eg Win7 to Win10 migration, Office365 implementation)
- Support of implementation and operation of AudioVisual systems within offices
- Categorize and record reported queries and provide solutions
- Maintain IT equipment storage rooms, computer rooms and working areas in a clean, tidy, organized, safe and professional manner
- Monitors computer systems and network services
- Hardware and Software problem management
- Support problem identification
- Escalate, if needed, unresolved problems to a higher level of support
Competencies from e-CF
Responds to user requests and issues, recording relevant information. Assures resolution or escalates incidents and optimises system performance in accordance with predefined service level agreements (SLAs). Understands how to monitor solution outcome and resultant customer satisfaction.
Ensures service delivery in accordance with established service level agreements (SLA‘s). Takes proactive action to ensure stable and secure applications and ICT infrastructure to avoid potential service disruptions, attending to capacity planning and to information security. Updates operational document library and logs all service incidents. Maintains monitoring and management tools (i.e. scripts, procedures). Maintains IS services. Takes proactive measures
Identifies and resolves the root cause of incidents. Takes a proactive approach to avoidance or identification of root cause of ICT problems. Deploys a knowledge system based on recurrence of common errors. Resolves or escalates incidents. Optimises system or component performance.
Produces documents describing products, services, components or applications to establish compliance with relevant documentation requirements. Selects appropriate style and media for presentation materials. Creates templates for document-management systems. Ensures that functions and features are documented in an appropriate way. Ensures that existing documents are valid and up to date
A strong inclination, both intuitive and logical, to look for the best and most effective answer to difficult situations and complex issues, and a willingness to try different approaches. a) Identifying the main alternatives in terms of advantages, disadvantages, constraints, costs and benefits. b) Understanding the probabilities of risk and success. c) Formulating a course of action which favours decision-making
Handling Interpersonal Relations
The ability to understand the perceptions, needs and attitudes of others and to interact with them constructively. a) Finding out what others think by listening and using questions. b) Basing relationships on clarity and cooperation. c) Adapting one’s own attitudes according to context and to the people one interacts with
Prepared to pool one’s energies with others to reach shared objectives. a) Taking part in the work of the team, exchanging views with others and making the most of others’ contributions. b) Developing relationships based on listening and dialogue. c) Cooperating with others to achieve results
The ability to keep one’s own work, and that of others, constantly focused on achieving set objectives, ensuring performance in line with the nature and importance of such objectives. a) Applying oneself consistently to reaching the required objectives. b) Taking whatever action necessary to keep the job on track. c) Taking whatever action necessary to meet expected performance levels
The ability to detect changes in others or the situation, and to react by adapting one’s behaviour and so seize opportunities and reach pre-set goals. a) Being able to react quickly and constructively to changes in the way others behave. b) Showing that one is open to ideas and suggestions. c) Adapting one’s own behaviour and approach with a view to reaching pre-set objectives and taking advantage of new opportunities
Typical Years of Experience:
Typically requires a minimum of 3-5 years similar industry experience.
Minimum Education and Certifications:
Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Advanced ability providing quality service and advanced customer service techniques to customers and manage their business needs.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills and debugging
- Advanced understanding of the fundamentals of network and server/desktop administration, installations, upgrades, techniques, tools, materials, and equipment.
- Advanced knowledge of processes and resources required to perform analytical and technical tasks on EUC computer systems, with knowledge of Network/Server/Cloud based systems and IT security.
- Ability to physically perform general office requirements. (eg lifting, moving equipment, installing equipment into Racks, work on cabling under desks/into floor boxes)
- Must be able to perform essential responsibilities with / without reasonable accommodations.
- Able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Regularly required to bend, stoop, etc.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Windows OS ( 7, 8, 8.1, 10) - problem debugging, configuring and installing
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Office 365 - operating, problem debugging, configuring and platform management
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory Users and Computers - operating
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Exchange - mailbox, resources and groups management
- Automated software and OS deployment - image capturing, creation and maintaining
- Basic knowledge of Linux and Mac OS - configuring, installing and problem debugging
- Good knowledge of Android and IOS - mailbox configuration, apps configuration, etc
- Good communication skills
- Team player
Nice to have:
- ITIL foundation certification
- Good Endpoint Manager - functionalities, installation, deployment and software package creation
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Server platforms 2012 R2, 2016
- Domain Policies configuration, creation and implementation
- Power Shell Scripting
- Good user and client management skills
Are you interested?
We are looking forward to your online application!